Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Heart of Giving

2 Corinthians 9:10-12 (New International Version, ©2010)

10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.

11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 
I been always asking myself "How can I have something if I am required to give?" It's an irony for me that to have it I must give. The bible says GIVE AND YOU WILL RECEIVE. But how can you give if you have nothing to give?


So painful to think that we want to help, we want to give but we are bound with limitations. But you think limitations can prevent you from giving? In my case, it's my limitation that allows me to give. You can give without giving money. Giving your time to someone is the best thing I could give. Listening to their problems, absorbing all the burdens they have in their hearts. That's the only thing I can give...my time.

Giving is not giving unless you give also your heart. If you think you don't feel like giving then do not give but always give from the heart. Giving without asking for something in return that's the real heart of giving. Most of us don't have enough for ourselves but if you give that something that was left in you, the floodgate of heaven will open up for you and you will have more than what you have asked. Limiting to what you can give will also limit to what will be given to you. Give and feel the sacrifice, give and feel the pain, give and the blessings from heaven will flood in you.

My personal experience in giving and having the blessings that are coming into my life...this page is not enough to enumerate those blessings. Being thank you is not enough to all the blessings that He showered on me. Based on personal experience God never fails me, He is always there when I madly need Him. He showered me with so much blessings, He gave me more what I asked from Him. I am encouraging you to give before asking of something from Him and He will never fail you.

Everything on earth is owned by God. We are here to take good care of what He has owned. It is our accountability and responsibility to return everything to Him. Don't just be blessed everyday in your life but be a blessing to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment