Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Living in a Box (The Family)


Life is worth living for. That's what I have always in my mind. The question is "How worthy life is if you are living in a box?" Not literally living in a box, but look around you, do you think most people are living outside the box? Nope, most of us are living inside the box. Not all but most of us are just living inside a box. No freedom, limited space, uncomfortable and it takes a lot of sacrifice.
I have seen a lot of families whose parents are working abroad, children are living on their own. Parents can afford to provide everything for their children but in return they are suffering from being away from their love ones. It's not wrong to work hard for our children, what's wrong is that parents forget that their children need them more than the money. What's worst when family is not a whole family at all, when children are starting to beg for love to other people and parents choose to separate their ways because love starts to fade in their hearts.

I am a commuter and everyday of my life I have seen families beside the street begging for something to eat. Sometimes I think it's normal but I realized it's not. It become normal for most of us because we used to see them everyday of our life. I am fortunate than them but why it's so hard for me to help them? I am willing to help but I have nothing to help, I have a limited resources to help them. I can share something for them but what's the hardest thing is that I can't even help my own family. I can't help them in the sense that I don't have an idea if they are eating well, are they comfortable, are they having enough money for their daily needs!? It's an irony but it's true.

I'm pretty sure that you are familiar with the word "Buena Familia". They are family who can afford to buy what they want. But do you think these people are the happiest people? I knew some but they are not happy in what they have and what they are. Fighting each other, having problem with their security, working so hard as if they know nothing but money. No love only money. Their happiness is based on their money. They have also limitations and it seems they are living inside the box.

As far as I have observed, whether rich or poor, most of us are living inside the box. Can you ask yourself with these questions and try to reflect it on your own. How can we get out from there? What is there outside the box that we should be aiming for? Is there any something special outside the box? There are so many reasons why should we get out from box of our life because there is life outside that box.

(My personal thanks to Mr. Angelo Javier for allowing me to use his photos. I am using his photos instead of using a family photos is because this is exactly how I want you to picture out life, inside the box, uncomfortable, limited space, happy eyes, contented yet there is pain in the eyes, mysterious and you don't know what it really mean unless you will put yourself how does it feels like inside the box.)

No comments:

Post a Comment